Monday, October 17, 2011

Slideshows and then some

Here's an audio slideshow that shows pictures of, I believe, the L.A. River and has audio of a woman speaking of it. I don't like how the audio picks up on the background noise so much, it distracts me too much from what the woman is actually saying.

What I do like is that if you hover your mouse over the bar at the bottom (the one that shows where you are in the slideshow, I can't think of a good word for it at the moment), it will pop up with a mini image of the picture that is at that particular point.

For a silent slideshow I picked this one, which is of several different kanzashi. For this particular one I like the options it provides. You can select the speed that the pictures go through, have a mini info bar pop up about them, and have thumbnails of the pictures pop up so you can select a different one.

Following with the kanzashi theme, the photo gallery I found is also featuring kanzashi.


I think when it comes to storytelling, which method you use all depends on the particular story. I think photo galleries and slideshows can work together - have the option to use one or the other depending on the person's taste. Sometimes I like slideshows, but if you can't adjust the speed, it can be too slow for my tastes depending on my mood, and I much rather just click through a photo gallery.

I can see the benefit of having an audio addition, but I can't say I'm leaning either way on whether or not I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment