Monday, October 3, 2011

Interactive Map


View Health Scores-Saint Johnsbury, VT in a larger map

Our group did a map of restaurants in St. Johnsbury, VT. Of all the restaurants in St. J, one of the highest in regards to health score (coming second to Dunkin Donuts) is New Century Chinese, which I believe is one of the newer restaurants in the area, so it does make sense, but it did have the problem (as mentioned on the map) of bugs – flies, to be specific. Richard and I took a trip over – it has plenty of parking (though I was blind and it took me a few shots to notice the sign signaling to where it was). The decor was odd, but I've seen stranger. We were the only ones, so service was good. I noticed quickly the place-mats advertising Asia and another New Century Chinese in Woodsville, and after asking our waitress she confirmed that the owners were the same. The food was your average Chinese restaurant taste, nothing to special, but I preferred it over New East Garden and was a closer drive than the places in Lyndonville.

One of my favorites places for a quick bite to eat is Anthony's Diner, which I generally go to alone or with one other so I can always easily find a seat, but with larger groups on a busy day it could be difficult, and around this time of year there are tour buses coming into the area for people to see the changing of the leaves. The food is decent and in my price range, and I certainly prefer popping in most days instead of going to McDonald's right next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment