Wednesday, September 14, 2011

HW: Pimp My Blog

In designing my blog I went with a background that isn't overcomplicated but still fits with the sort of "otherwordly" view of my mind, although it's making me futz with what I want the font color for the "About Me/Blog Archive/Followers" headings. I want something readable but I haven't settled on what that is yet.

The current picture is of a basket of kanzashi (hand crafted flowers made from ribbon) that I made, since I haven't decided if this blog will focus on writing or kanzashi or both (when it's not about homework assignments).

I'd like to maybe find a way to change the link list so that it stretched across the page without having to add links to do so, but the only way I think I can do that is going into the HTML. That's a bit out of my level. I also can't tell if the picture is aligning to anything. I wish it'd line up with the post box, but I think that would once again require to pick apart the HTML.

RSS and follow by email at the bottom. Still easy to find but I don't really want that on the sidebar. I might change my mind when I get more posts on the blog though. I curiously put in for AdSense but that takes 48 hours.

The title "gutting the imaginary" is how I often look at my creative writing - reaching into the innards of imagination and gutting it apart, displaying the results through text. It's become my identifying quote on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment